Wednesday, November 12, 2014

15 by '15

Good Morning! 
 
Let me start this post by saying that I truly love my body.  I am a plus size girl with plenty of curves to go around.  Granted, there are days I get frustrated with the way a piece of clothing fits or styles that just don't work for my body... But who doesn't?  Overall, I love the way my cleavage looks in a plunging V-Neck or the way my hips look in a stellar peplum.  I'm a big proponent of loving your body, that isn't what this post is about.  This post is about the fact that I am admittedly unhealthy.  I love all food, both the good and the bad.... Aside from a few select activities, I truly hate to work out... And portion control.... Not really in my vocabulary.  Basically, it is time to kick my big ass into getting healthy.  So what better way to kick start my road to health than a catchy goal... 15 pounds by 2015, hello adorable catch phrase.  
 
I have always had pretty good luck with Weight Watchers.  For those of you who haven't heard of it, Weight Watchers is an awesome program that teaches you to count points (which are made up of Carbs, Fat, Fiber, and Protein).  I really like this method because it is flexible.  If I am dying for a donut, I can have a god damn donut...  It's great!  The problem for me is sticking to it.  It is so easy for me to justify "cheating."  Once I cheat a few times I am like "well.... I'll just start next week."  Next week turns into next month which turns into next year... You get the idea.  No more excuses, this is No Excuse November, if you will. 

Currently, I have 41 points per day (with 49 "bonus points" that can be used throughout the week).  Here is an idea as to what today's menu looks like:


Breakfast
Banana and Yogurt... Keeping it pretty simple.  Fruits and veggies are free, so it is the perfect addition to any meal.  Lately I am partial to Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt which is only 2 points.  Score!

Lunch
Chili with low fat cheese (2 points) and steamed broccoli.  I know you probably think I am a nutcase.  But it is to fucking die for.  SO GOOD.  I really like Nalley Turkey Chili which is 6 points. 

Snack
I always like to have popcorn on hand for a snack.  It is great, because you can have a lot of it.... And like I said, portion control isn't exactly my forte.  I am currently obsessed with Erin's Low Fat Popcorn.  Seriously, you guys, it is freaking incredible.  Perfect snack.  I also brought grapes, apples, and a Special K Protien Bar (3 points).  I am also a big fan to Fiber One granola bars (and all their other goodies) ... But Special K was on sale.

Dinner
Well dinner is a crap shoot tonight because I have to see the god damn dentist.  Gross!  Last time, I kid you not, I was numb for 6 hours.  So basically, dinner will be whatever I can choke down. 


Let's be real, I am totally going to miss eating a giant slice of pizza without worrying about how many points I just consumed...  But I am looking forward to being healthier and having more energy.  I think it is finally time for Weight Watchers, exercising, and copious amounts of water.  If any of you have any good tips or recipes, please feel free to share!  I can use all the help I can get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment