Wednesday, November 5, 2014

First Date Chic

If you love fashion as much as I do, the first date outfit is just as exciting as the date itself.  Unfortunately, my date was right after work which was slightly limiting, but I was still pretty pleased with the result.  (Sorry about the picture resolution and the fact that I am standing on the coffee table... Full body phone selfies require ninja moves I evidentially don't possess.)
 
 
For the occasion, I went for sleek and simple. I selected my favorite peplum top from Target with my Hydraulic Skinnies from Maurices which I cuffed and paired with black booties from Nordstrom Rack.  I added a chunky gold and pink necklace from Target (which was once confused with a J. Crew necklace, best compliment ever!).  For work, I also wore a light pink lace blazer which was also from Target along with a Columbia rain jacket (thanks a lot, Seattle weather).  After I reapplied my make-up and touched up my hair, I felt very chic and put together. 

So then there was the date.  I was SO nervous.  I recently got out of a pretty serious relationship, so it had been nearly a year since I had gone on a "First Date."  I totally thought about backing out, but I am definitely glad I didn't.  We kept it pretty simple, just grabbed a few drinks and talked.  It was really nice getting to know one another, and I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment