Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Duck Dodge

So my BFF, Bri, is involved with an event called Duck Dodge.  Every Tuesday during Spring, Summer, and early Fall a huge group of sailboats get together for a race on Lake Union.  Once the races are over, the boats all tie up together for a party.  Boats and booze.... Sold!  I have been wanting to go for months, and I finally got my chance.
 
 
 
This Saturday, the Duck Dodge Crew got together for a season ending bash called Rum Run.  What is Rum Run.... Well everyone heads out to The Sound (rum in tow) for a final race.  The race lasts a few hours, then the real party begins.  I was on the committee boat, which means we are in charge of announcing the starts and "crowning" the winners (and downing as many mimosas as possible).  After the race was over, it was time for my "induction" into Duck Dodge....  The Virgin Walk.  A Duck Dodge Virgin is required to go boat to boat and kiss either the Mast or the Master.  Perfect.  I am about three sheets to the wind at this point, great time to jump from rickety boat to rickety boat and kiss as many men as possible, right?  Somehow, I managed to stay dry.... But seriously, what a trek!  I literally have bruises. As far as the kissing went...  Life could have been worse.  Obviously I kissed the captains because this girl doesn't do anything half-ass.  Granted, a few crew members pretended to be captains to get a quick smooch, but what can you do?  While I was off completing my virgin walk, my BFF was busy scheming.  When I got back to the boat she was hanging out on, I was sent to the bottom of the boat to socialize with an imposter captain.  Imposter or not, I ended up with a date for tonight.... Eeek!  By the time he got my number, it was time to return to my boat and head back to land.  Here are a few more pics from the trip.   
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment