Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Hashtag Woman Crush Wednesday


If you’re reading this, you’re either my best friend Caitlin (ily) or the most patient person on the planet. Either way, I’m totally obsessed with you. Thank you for putting up with my sailor mouth and sporadic posts. You da best!
I’ve been trying to think of a way to encourage myself to post a little more frequently, and I thought maybe weekly posts would help… So, let #wcw commence!
BFF Caitlin



This is Cate! We met at Linfield my freshmen year and have basically been inseparable ever since.

Why I Love Her: How can you not love that babe! I can go months without talking to this girl, and then spend a week with her as if we were never apart. She is the best shopping buddy a girl could ask for. She loves the same people I love, but more importantly, she hates the same people I hate. We can spend hours watching SVU reruns, gossiping, or just chatting about life. A harsh nudge between us says more than words ever could… Especially when a sorority sister is wearing a corduroy skirt with a turtle neck sweater and stripper boots… Don’t think we didn’t notice! She loves a themed party just as much as I do, and never says no to a good vodka soda. There is no one I would rather try on swimsuits with, gangster rap in the car with, make gift baskets with, or spend hours on the phone with.
Favorite Memories: Legitimately too many too count. Let’s see, there is the time we skipped chapter for her family emergency… Aka an emergency shopping trip (if a new swimsuit for formal isn’t an SOS, I don’t know what is).  Then there are the countless nights spent in the chapter room crafting until the wee hours of the morning. Another favorite was the time we planned and won the Lip Sync competition during Greek Week… AND the time we won the Homecoming Song and Banner Competition by rewriting “Summer Nights” and turning it into “Oh, How Those Wild Cats Fight” (well a, well a, well a, huh! Our boys, they know how to block. And they have really big……. arms). Not to mention all of our wonderful adventures including Disneyland, Sunriver, Seaside, and our countless trips to visit one another. I loved being able to share my 21st birthday with her (it pays to be the youngest in the group), even if I ended up face down ass up at the end of the night… And by face down, I do mean in a garbage can. And by ass up, I do mean dress still on and panties out! I know I am missing far more memories than I mentioned, but my favorite times with Cate are impossible to narrow down. From screaming "Don't Stop Believing" at the top of our lungs to swooning over wedding things, every moment I spend with her is pretty unforgettable!
So… To my first #wcw, I love you! You’re one of my all-time favorite humans, and I am so excited to be you MAID OF HONOR! Thanks for all the memories, I can’t wait to make many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment