Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day Bilss

Happy Mother's Day to all of you incredible mommas! I am feeling beyond blessed by all of the amazing moms in my life, especially my own! 

This weekend was a total whirlwind. Friday, while at work, I decided to head home to celebrate Mother's Day with my family. So, I bought a train ticket and headed to Nordstrom Rack to grab a new top, yoga pants, and a pair of panties... You know... The necessities. Then it was homeward bound. I got into town late Friday night and mom and I spent the evening making dinner and sipping on copious amounts of red wine. It was the perfect way to kick off the weekend.

We spent Saturday slaving away in my cousins yard to help her prepare for her upcoming wedding. Needless to say we sweated our asses off... Partially do to the sun, and partially do to the lizards that scared the shit out of us... And we ready to call it quits by 2. Feeling extra tired and extra out of shape, we cleaned up and headed to Gram's house for a few margaritas before going to see Mother's Day with my mom, sister, grandma, auntie, and cousins. It was the ultimate chick flick and the perfect way to celebrate the holiday. We ended the night at a local mexican restaurant where we shared several laughs, jell-o shots, and... of course, more margaritas! Also, my knife was totally magnetic and we had the best time picking up forks with this magical utensil. Totally out of place in this blog, but I had to mention it. I am pretty sure the entire bar hated us, but I loved every minute of it. 


After a lovely breakfast this morning, my mom and I headed back to Seattle. We blasted Toby Keith the entire trip, and found ourselves at my favorite coffee shop for an afternoon pick-me-up and a tasty treat. Then we decided to go for a little mini hike at Discovery Park. We spent about 30 minutes hiking, and about 2 hours looking for the car. Leave it to us, I swear. All I can say it thank goodness for GPS and a good sense of humor.


Despite the confusion, it was the perfect end to the perfect weekend. 

Happy Mother's Day, All!  Hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment