Tuesday, May 10, 2016

True Life: I Sweat the Small Things

Oh Heyyyy,
Can we first just talk about how consistent I have been about blogging lately. I’m feeling like a real winner over here.
Anywayyyssss, today, while obsessing over the clothes I left on my made bed, I concluded that I am basically the definition of sweating the small stuff. How crazy is it that my entire apartment is spotless, and all I can think about are the two dresses and tank top that were I left laying on my bed? I mean, who cares, right? Wrong… I care so, I can so much. I care that a few clothing items are currently unhung, I care that my nail polish is starting to chip, I care that the invites to the last party I threw didn’t match the décor, and I care that my wallet and purse don’t currently match. Even as I write this, I realize I am totally OCD, but I seriously can’t help it.
Sometimes, I wish I could be carefree… One of those people that just go with the flow. I wish I was the kind of person that didn’t worry about the gift wrap matching the colors of the present, but that just isn’t me. I can’t help but sweat the small stuff, but I am realizing that it also makes me appreciate the little things. I love the way a paper straw looks in a summer cocktail; my heart smiles at a perfectly made bed; and I adore the look of a mailbox with zero unread messages.
Sure, I am a total psycho, but at least I’m easy to please!

No comments:

Post a Comment