Sunday, May 15, 2016

Take Out & Trashy TV

Greetings from Dallas!
 
Okay, guys, I'm feeling like a total jet setter over here! Let me just give you a quick play by play of my recent adventures.
 
My weekend started a little early with a Red Eye to Chicago with Bri's boyfriend on Thursday night. The bad news, all the bars at the airport were closed... The good news, we packed mini booze bottles and met new best friends who we got good and drunk with before the flight. They were definitely my kind of travelers. We landed in The Windy City early Friday morning and took a town car to a neighboring town. Obviously we insisted that our driver stop at McDonalds to cure our hangovers. Before we could even digest our McGriddles, we were on our train to Maccomb. We were welcomed to the land of Corn Fields and Tractors by Bri's whole family and it was time to really get ready to celebrate Sophie's graduation!
 
First and foremost, we went to Farm King... Really just the best thing I'd ever seen. It had everything from Camo Crocs to animal feed. Really the perfect way to start the trip. Obviously I spent over $25 dollars there, so I scored a free hat. #winning
 
After all the excitement, it was time to get started decorating for Sophie's party. I mean, how cute, right?
 
 
After hours of hard work, we went to Chubby's to grab a quick bite before getting ready for the party. It was exactly what you would expect in a small Midwestern town and totally perf. I went bonkers for the "pony" that I order. Are you ready for this? It was Texas Toast, with Meatloaf, Crinkle Fries, and Mushrooms topped with CHEESE SAUCE. It was mind blowing.
 
Next, we headed back to the hotel to primp for the party. OMG you guys, the party was totally elaborate and absolutely perfect. We all had a blast.
 
Unfortunately, we couldn't party two hard, because Saturday morning it was off to Soph's graduation. We cheered and cried and celebrated Sophie all day... Except for the hours we spent packing  up her house. I swear to god, that was the first and last time it had ever been cleaned. We were all exhausted when the day came to an end and totally thankful to crawl into bed.
 
 
This morning, we all said our goodbyes, and it was off to the airport with Breakfast Pizza (so bomb!) in tow. The family headed home and I headed to Dallas for work.
 
It has such a great weekend, but I am extra exhausted. Therefore, tonight has been spent nestled into the hotel bed with Pad Thai and a little reality television, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Cheers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment