Friday, May 27, 2016

Farewell Friday


Happy Friday, Lovelies!
This is a bit of a bittersweet post for me. These next few nights are the last that I will spend in my bachelorette pad. The past two years have been an absolute delight in my precious princess palace, and I am totally devastated to be putting it in my past.
 
Five years ago I moved to Seattle and found this gem right on Queen Anne Ave (okay, my mom found it for me, but who is keeping score?). It was tiny, old, and completely perfect. It was my very first apartment of my own, and I can’t even begin to say how much I loved it. After a little over a year, I moved out with a few roommates, but eventually found my way back to my original stomping ground. My apartment is filled with adorable décor (#obviously) and is in the most incredible location… But what I love most about this place is the memories it contains.
When I look around, I can’t help but think about all the fun that was had in this place. I think about all the wines nights I hosted while I blared Hip Hop Barbecue Pandora. I remember all the effort I put in to come up with the perfect décor, and the fact that it was totally worth it because my place is adorbs. I remember all the early mornings and late nights I spent studying at the kitchen table, and how thrilled I was sitting crisscross applesauce on the couch as I found out I was officially a CPA. When I look at my couch, I think about how many friends have crashed on it. I think about the times it was enjoyed by out of town guests, and the nights my friends were just to shithoused to take the 5 minute uber ride home. I love remembering all the nights that were spent prefunking at my place because it was so conveniently located, and thinking about all the evenings I found myself at Buckley’s because it was just so damn close. I often wonder if the waitresses thought I was a total huss because I almost always strolled in with a different guy, granted they were usually just friends, but THEY didn’t know that. I love remembering all the cuddles shared in my living room while I try not to remember it being used as a smush room for someone else’s hookup! It was the location I first fell in love, and where I had my first real heartbreak.
 
  
This place has been a lot of things to a lot of people, and I feel so lucky to have called it my home.
So, as I say goodbye to my adorable apartment with the cinderblock walls, tiny kitchen, and perfect neighborhood bar right around the corner, I am totally conflicted. While I am so sad to leave my bachelorette pad behind, I can hardly wait to make new memories in the new place! Bring on the uHauls, iced coffees, and yoga pants… It’s moving weekend!\

No comments:

Post a Comment