Sunday, May 1, 2016

Weekend Bliss

I do my best not to live for the weekend... But weekends like this one are hard to beat. 

I was stoked that I got to stay in Seattle (it is feeling like a rarity these days), AND have one of my best friends come up to visit. We wasted no time, and started the weekend off at an early happy hour with my current boss and some of my old coworkers. If you know me, you know happy hour always lasts way longer than 60 minutes. A few more friends met up with us, and we kept the party going into the wee hours of the morning. After a few hours and several drinks, one of my old coworker invited us to join him at his friend's James Bond party... "Sure" we thought, "why not." Let me tell you, didn't take us long to find out why not. Here we are in our casual Friday attire and we roll up to a goddamn formal event. We were swimming in a sea of tuxes and cocktail dresses and here I was just praying that my chambray top was covering the hole in my shirt. There were daggers coming from the eyes of every girl in there. Needless to say, we got a quick drink and were out of there as quickly as we came. We finished the night with a couple more bars and a ton of laughs about our awkward encounter. 



The following day we nursed our hang over leftover pizza, then were off for a day of shopping. After hitting up our favorite stores and going to Buffalo Wild Wings for the first time (holy shit, I have been missing out), Tayla and I headed to the baseball field to watch a Zach's game. A few other friends met up with us, and we spent some time playing catch before the game started. Despite being semi petrified of getting hit by the ball the entire time, we had an absolute blast. It turned out to be a perfect day at the field... And don't worry, I picked up a few gummy hamburgers for the game because baseball really isn't worth watching without the stadium food! I didn't realize how much I missed weekends at the ball field. Tayla and I headed back to my place with the best intentions of going out that night, but found ourselves totally exhausted so we stayed in and watched An Idiot Abroad instead. Side note, if you haven't watched it... You are missing out! Tears were streaming down my face the whole night!


Today was truly the definition of Sunday Funday. Waking up NOT hungover was a huge plus, so Tayla and I took advantage of the morning and headed to one of our fav brunch spots. We gorged ourselves on some delicious chicken fried steak before making our way to Archie McPhees, a delightful little gag store full of random treasures including Nsync buttons and unicorn bandaids. We browsed and laughed until it was time for Tay to head home. We said our goodbyes and I headed to a Chris's place to watch the Blazers game. No need to relive that nightmare, so I will move on to our beautiful afternoon on Cole's rooftop deck. It was the perfect way to end the perfect weekend! 

Hope you all had a lovely weekend as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment