Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Shower Sweetness

I know, I know, I am the cheesiest, but I don’t even care. We threw the most adorable bridal shower for my cousin Kayla on Saturday, and I can’t even contain my excitement. After months of planning, crafting, and shopping; it finally came together.

I’m a sucker for a good theme, and given that my cousin is the best little baker there ever was, we decided to throw a treat themed party. Obviously, the most important part of the party was the dessert table. #treatstreatstreats

 
I was totally obsessed with the way it turned out. We filled the table with all the pink candies, some homemade cakes and cinnamon rolls, a few tasty donuts, and the cutest Starbucks treats there ever were. I have been eyeing those Ice Cream Cone cookies for a while now, and this was the perfect excuse to indulge!

 
I don’t even think I need to tell you what the second most important part was… MIMOSA BAR.
 
We kept it pretty simple with 3 types of juices, Dollar Tree champagne flutes (shhhhh!), and plenty of champagne.
As much as I wish we could have stuck with candy and cocktails, we had to have a few other refreshments… for the LAME party guests.
 
We filled the snack table with chicken fajita wraps, fruit kabobs, and some watermelon cut into hearts. So stinking cute! We also had a leaky drink container filled with watermelon lemonade which was bomb.com! Thank you, Costco.
One of my favorite parts of any party are the little details that often go unnoticed.
For the entry way, we filled an old trunk with aprons and left a sweet little chalkboard note for the bride to be.
The guestbook was an empty cookbook which we asked guests to fill with their favorite recipes. It wasn’t wildly successful, but it’s the thought that counts, right?
For the centerpieces, we filled mixers with some Costco flowers alongside a few homemade coffee filter flowers. And, of course, lollipops EVERYWHERE.

Last but not least, the games! We did a little twist on the classic “can’t say wedding” game by using candy necklace. Everyone started with a candy necklace (aka candy watch due to a little mix-up). If you were caught saying “wedding,” your watch would be stolen. Low and behold, my sister cleaned up at this game, but we made her give up her prize to the next in line. Then we played a rousing game of “Who knows the Bride Best.” Kayla was appropriately embarrassed, but it was nothing to compared to the way she felt when we busted out a few questions that we had asked her future hubby. We cried at his explanation of the reasons he loves Kayla so much, but my favorite response was when we asked him what his least favorite thing about Kayla was, and he said “she acts like my manager.” We couldn’t stop laughing at his painfully accurate answer.
The shower seriously so wonderful, but I can’t say it went off without a hitch… It was a MILLION degrees that day, which made setup difficult and exhausting. It even prevented us from playing the tinfoil dress game because it was just too damn hot. Then there was the bee community that was totally DT Party. #showercrashers Then, of course, there were all the things that were forgotten at home.... You win some, you lose some.
At the end of the day, it really was the sweetest of showers and I couldn't feel more honored or excited to be a part of Kayla's special day.
Here is to luke warm mimosas and melty treats! Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment