Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Yay, Summer

Happy belated first day of summer. I had the cutest little “Summer Must Haves” post planned out, but I totally dropped the ball on that one… Whoops! Instead, you get a run of the mill weekend recap. Wah wah. Hoping to share a few of my summertime favs later this week!
As for the weekend festivities… It started off on a great note when my boss and I got free coffee from McDonalds! #regulars
Work was work, then it was time to hit the open road with Zach and head down to Oregon… Only the road wasn’t so open. Traffic was a nightmare so we decided to pause the road trip for a quick bite to eat. When I saw that there was a BJ’s nearby, it was game over! Did someone say dessert for dinner? Oh yeah, that was me! Pizzookies for the win!
When we finally rolled into town, Zach and I parted ways and it was time to watch Finding Dory in 3D with Tayla. I honestly don’t know what was better, the movie or the GIANT tub of popcorn Tay and I devoured before the movie even started. #bothgood #whatdiet
The following morning Tayla and I grabbed an early breakfast before I headed to my Dad’s place to start our early Father’s Day Celebration. My anxiety levels shot through the roof when I saw the remodel.
 
Yes, that is our kitchen. Yes, I cracked open a Mike’s Hard before 10 AM because I was mega stressed and because I couldn’t find a water cup. You do what you gotta do I guess.
We escaped the construction zone and did a little antiquing with my dad before heading to his 40th class reunion with him. After watching my dad flit about with old classmates, I completely see where I get my social nature from. Plus, he was a total stud... I definitely won in the Dad department.
He loved showing us off, obviously, but couldn’t be bothered to entertain us… Luckily, a good friend my sister and I went to school with was there. Reunions for dayyyzzzz.
 

 
During the celebration, our friend’s mom sent us to the store to pick up a cake. Here is the thing… It’s Clatskanie, so OF COURSE the Safeway didn’t have a cake. Don’t worry, we improvised.

 
Finally, the reunion slowed down, so the three of us headed to another friend’s place to have a reunion of our own. Obviously I drank too much, and obviously I felt like shit the following morning on the train back home, but whatevs. That’s par for the course at this point.
 
Sunday was spent at my roommate’s soccer game soaking up the sun and celebrating the begining of summer.
Yay, Summer! Yay, Father’s Day! Yay, Reunions!
 Happy Second Day of Summer, All.
 
Cheers! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment