Thursday, July 7, 2016

Baby Shower Sweetness

Happy Thursday, Dolls!
It has been another one of those weeks where I have barely caught up from the prior weekend’s festivities and it is time to start a new one. I can’t believe how quickly this summer is flying by. There are so many exciting things going on in the lives of my friends and family, and I am have loved all the opportunities to celebrate with them.
This weekend was another trip down to Oregon to prepare for the upcoming arrival of my best friend’s baby!  It is hard to believe that only two short years ago we were celebrating Branden’s Wedding, and now we are getting ready to welcome his first child into the world. So much has changed, yet when we all get together it feels oddly as if time has stood still.
 
 
 
I came down a little early so that we could all enjoy a little time together before the shower. We spent Friday night sitting at Branden’s place in the nursery guessing baby names (well Branden & Casey did, I already knew) and swapping remember whens. It was so nice to catch up and equally nice to make Taco Bell before the night was over!  
The following day, after Casey’s dad made me waffles (#winning), Casey and I dashed around to prepare for the baby shower. How adorable did my present turn out? You all know I love a good themed gift! Plus, best book ever, amiright?  
 
Somehow, we managed to fit in a pit stop to grab our all-time fav burritos. Granted, the detour made us a LITTLE late to the shower, but it was worth every bite.
 We arrived at the party just in time to partake in the decorating of bibs and onesies. Obviously, we took it WAY too seriously and spent the bulk of the shower meticulously perfecting our works of art. Don’t worry, it was totally worth it when Casey and I swept the competition with a one-two finish. SWEEP. Oh also, NBD, but I also kicked ass at the matching game! I know you can’t win a baby shower… But I kinda feel like I did…
It was such a blast catching up with everyone and watching Branden and Katie open all the thoughtful gifts they received. I love when gift giving becomes interactive with a friendly game of bingo… But I lost, so hardly worth mentioning.
Overall, it was such a special day to celebrate the parents-to-be. The party lasted several hours and was absolutely perfect from start to finish. I loved spending time with all the people that came to support them, and am so excited for all the love that baby BOY will be showered with. I can’t wait to meet you, Branch Gordon! I love you so much and it is such an honor to call myself your auntie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment