Thursday, July 7, 2016

Freedom and Fireworks


Happy Belated Fourth of July!
We all know that Emily LOVES a good reason to celebrate… And what better excuse than our freedom!? Bring on the Hot Dogs, Cocktails, Fire Works, and American Flag garb, I live for this shit!
I took advantage of my trip to Oregon, and spent Sunday at my best friend Mattie’s place. You guys, her and her husband just bought a HOUSE! I am so beyond proud of them and so excited I finally got to see it. It is the cutest ever, and the perfect place to start celebrating The Fourth. We decided to toss on our favorite combination of Red, White, and Blue and have a little Independence Eve barbecue.  
   
Evening highlights included burgers AND brats, fries, cheese sauce, cowboy caviar, ‘smores, and all the Moscow Mules we could drink. We rounded out the night with Fourth Man Out, a totally random movie we found on Netflix. It was absolutely adorable (highly recommend it) AND the last scene in the movie is a Fourth of July barbecue. #nailedit




I headed back to Seattle early the next morning, and spent the bulk of my Fourth of July afternoon reading on the porch. You can tan through the clouds, right?
That evening, I went to a movie. A little non-tradish, I know, but I wore a totally festive outfit and saw Independence Day sooooo I feel like it was okay. In fact, on a dreary Fourth of July, it was actually kind of perfect.
Finally, I joined my roommate and his girlfriend on our tiny little rooftop deck to enjoy the fireworks around the city. It was a great way to conclude a weekend of celebrating. Plus, I got to sport this little gem.
 
Hope everyone had all the beers and brats they could handle this weekend! Cheers to freedom & other Fourth of July things!

No comments:

Post a Comment