Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Dixie Daze

Another summer weekend has come and gone, so it is time for the obligatory weekend update.
 
After an already short work week, I dipped out of work early enough for lunch and beers with Zach before heading south for The Dixie Chicks concert. We arrived with bells, whistles, and Walmart cowboy hats. The concert was to die for despite the pouring down rain, but guess what wasn’t to die for? The half an hour search for the car followed by the TWO HOUR wait in the parking lot. We didn’t know whether to laugh or cry about the five-hour trip home.
 
 Our plans to sleep in were destroyed by Julie’s early morning wake-up insisting that we get out of bed. Time to get the Rainier Days Daze party started. This year certainly didn’t disappoint. Drinks were flowing and reunions were around every corner. It was a blast.
After the whole town congregated at Chevron for a few snacks and beverages, we ended the night at a house party. I promptly crawled into an oversized chair and was the worst kind of party pooper, just silently cursing everyone for not getting the fuck out so I could go to bed. Luckily, one of the guys had a “set up” in the back room that he allowed Julie and I to sleep in. We quickly discovered that the “set up” was nothing more than a stack of pillows and blankets, but at 4am it was solid gold. Collin instantly regretted offering us the haven, and joined us in the backroom. Despite the shitty sleep, the next morning was definitely a highlight. We laid around in the little fort for hours laughing about god knows what and reminiscing about the prior evening.
When we finally drug ourselves out of bed, I headed to my dad’s place to spend some time with him and eat as much Burgerville as I could fit down my throat. Talk about a hangover cure. Let me tell you, I sure can’t party like I used to.
Cheers to awesome summer nights and rough summer mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment