Monday, August 22, 2016

Bacheloretting and Such

Well, it was another wonderful whirlwind of a weekend for this lady. Despite gaining a pound (which was more like two but who's counting)... And the “oh shit, my arms are going to look a whole pound fatter at the wedding” panic and I am currently working through... The weekend was totally worth it.
 
It started with a PT Cruiser full of food, decorations, and old school hip hop blaring as we barreled  towards the bachelorette party. My sister, cousin Lyndsey, and I immediately got to work decorating the Airbnb we had rented to get it appropriately raunchy for the festivities. Kayla, my cousin and beautiful bride-to-be, arrived shortly after to panties in the window and our crafty bra pong we had whipped together for the occasion.



 
We scarfed down pizza and champagne and awaited the arrival of my mom and auntie… Their entrance did not disappoint as they busted in the door with two bottles of open wine and a rehearsed “hey biotches, the party has arrived.” We packed the night with junk food, wine, twerking, and moonlit swims. We were all totally wired, but did our best to rest up for the following day.

 
The Airbnb we stayed at was right on Angle Lake, so we spent most of Saturday swimming and lounging on the beach. It was totally relaxing and the perfect opportunity for me for some tanning so that I could fully convert to #summeremily.



By mid-afternoon we were all starving and ready to start the process of getting 8 women ready in one bathroom. If MTV is looking for a new reality series, I think I found it! The house was a mess, but we were looking like mega babes and were ready to take Seattle by storm. We had a lovely little Mexican Fiesta at Cascoa Antiguo followed an evening at a piano bar. It was hysterical and mildly offensive, but totally perfect for the occasion. They drug our bride up on stage for a little embarrassment, which she totally hated, but was a good sport about it. After plenty of cocktails and laughs, we headed back to the lake house with plenty of stories to go around.


 

 
After saying goodbye to most of the guests, my mom, Kayla, and I kept the fun going a little longer with some shopping and much needed coffee. By the time our remaining guests hit the road, I was exhausted… But somehow mustered up the energy to meet Zach at a local brewery where we enjoyed the Mariners game as I redecorated some of the chalk board signs. We decided Sunday Funday couldn’t end there, so we headed to Capitol Hill for some Asian Fusion small plates and a glass of Rose. If you know me, you know that a good meal is sealed with an equally delicious dessert, so we walked to Hello Robin, a build your own cookie sammie situation that is to die for. We did our best to work off the calories with a lovely walk through the Arboretum, and ended the evening with a few more small plates and a glass of wine at an Italian restaurant we stumbled upon. I made one last stop at my friend Cole’s house before calling it a night… Let me just say, I slept hard last night.
 
Cheers to a weekend well spent and looking forward to the celebrations to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment