Monday, August 15, 2016

Monday Morning Recap

Happy Monday, Loves! I can’t believe we are already back here, and I extra can’t believe I am already writing on the blog. I am counting this as a Monday Morning Miracle!
 
You guys know I hate “living for the weekend”, and I will say that last week I genuinely loved every day. I had a few lovely dinner/drink/dessert dates which always put me in a good mood, particularly when I have the opportunity to try new places. My friend Cole is back in town after being gone for most of the summer, and it is such a treat to have him so close! Since I moved, we only live a few blocks apart; so I am loving being able to walk to his place in under 10 minutes… It almost feels like we are roomies again! The boys’ basketball game was also a blast, and I started keeping stats which was SO freaking fun. I downloaded an app which makes it so easy, and it makes me pay wayyyy closer attention to the game… So we can go ahead and add professional stats keeper to my resume!
The weekend came unbelievably quickly, and I was so glad it did because there was lots of fun to be had. Friday after work I met up with an old coworker for beers at a brewery near my apartment. Drinks were good and the company was even better. Zach, Cole, and Chris met up with us shortly after we started, and we all had a blast doing a little brewery hopping for the evening. It should also be noted that I kicked ass at corn hole, so all the boys who didn’t want to be on my team can get fucked! We hit up Mac-Ds before leaving Ballard where I downed my SECOND McDonalds Ice Cream Cone of the day, and I loved the shit out of every bite. Before leaving Ballard, the boys decided they needed a little photo shoot. I was screaming over every last pic. We ended the night with a little dancing and a lot of sweating! All and all, it was my kind of night.

 
Zach and I headed south bright and early the next morning. Unfortunately, I had a memorial to attend… Never a fun activity, but it was such a beautiful way to honor an incredible man. It was considered a celebration of life, and that is exactly what it was.

After the memorial, my sister and I spent some time with the family before heading up to Portland for a goodbye get-together for Zach’s brother Bryan (who we renamed Bo) and his best friend Alex. Holy shit, you guys… Those boys can party. I won’t go into details, but there were lots of drinks, swing dancing in the street, pizza, late night swims, and a crowded truck bed cuddle party.


 
It was a wonderful, exhausting weekend that could only be followed by some serious couch time Sunday evening. I glued myself to the Olympics with Chris and Cole and couldn’t even be bothered to eat, and you KNOW I’m tired if I’m missing meals.
Anyways, here is to hoping that this week is just as wonderful!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment