Saturday, December 31, 2016

Basic New Year Post

The current consensus seems to be "Fuck 2016." In fact, that is the name of the New Year's Eve Party we are attending. Although I like to think of myself as a glass half full kinda gal, I have to admit... I see where everyone is coming from. It certainly was a rough year... Too many deaths, both personal friends and iconic celebrities. The election didn't go as I had hoped, and life has just seemed a little extra tricky this year.

That being said, 2016 has also been kinda awesome. Sweet baby Marc was born & he steals my heart a little more each time I see him, I moved in with two of the best roommates and friends I could ever imagine, and I returned to the company that has always had my heart. There was lots of travel & exciting adventures in Seattle. I attended tons of weddings and baby showers & watched so many friends make exciting life strides. This year my resolution was to try new things, and I certainly have. I tried new bars, new restaurants, new foods... I traveled completely alone for the first time and made new friends and took on new activities. So even though 2016 seems to have a big black cloud over it, it still feels pretty sunny to me!

This year, I would like to make a new resolution. Once again, I don't want to be overly specific, so instead I will focus on one word: balance. It is a concept I seem to struggle with in all aspects of my life. It is time to balance work & play, trying decadent foods & eating healthy, plenty of sleep & plenty of time with friends, and everything in between. It will certainly be a challenge, but it is one I look forward to tackling!

Happy New Year's Eve, All!

Cheers to the new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment