Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas 2016

Merry Christmas, Lovelies!




Usually I am a total Scrooge this time of year. The second December 26 rolls around, I want all the Christmas goodness to disappear because it makes me way too sad to look at. In fact, before I head home for the holidays I typically strip my apartment of every last festive treasure... But you know what, not this year. This year, I decided to change it up a bit. I decided to savor the spirit and keep the holidays alive. If you need me this week, I will be curled up by the Christmas tree, going to Zoo Lights, and all kinds of other Christmas shit!

Speaking of Christmas shit, this year was full of it! Before traveling south for Christmas, I wanted to spend one last festive evening in Seattle. I remember the first year I lived up here, I spent my last night finishing up my Christmas shopping downtown. It was totally magical running from shop to shop with my hands tucked into a pair of gloves, gifts filling my arms, and the giant Christmas tree lighting my way. I loved it so much that I wanted to recreate it this year... But since I already had my gifts purchased I decided it was a great opportunity for a night out with friends. We started at the Sheraton where we sipped wine as we admired their Gingerbread house display! 5 years in Seattle and I had NO idea it even existed. It was totally worth the hour wait, plus it was Harry Potter themed which was an added bonus. Afterwards we shuffled to Kushibar where we shared lots of new foods and tried sake bombs for the first time. It definitely made for an epic meal. We visited a few bars afterwards, most of which were decked out for the holidays. Although I felt like straight garbage the next morning, I wouldn't have traded it for the world!






Zach and I headed south the following afternoon, and only made ONE McDonalds stop on the way. Talk about roughing it! Somehow, we made it home in one piece, and I immediately went into full blown holiday mode. I met up with Tayla and we quickly swooped up a few white elephant gifts and were off to her family Christmas party. Although I got my gifts stolen THREE times, I ended up with a pretty cool game that I am stoked to test out. We decided the responsible thing to do would be to stay in for the evening... So clearly we went out and partied until 2:00 AM only to remember we still had Jell-O Shots to make. Leave it to us...



Somehow, we made 100 Jell-O shots and still managed to make it to Parksmas on time... We drank, laughed, and heckled our way through the kickball game. Another successful celebration for the books.









Immediately after, Chloe and I stopped at Target to swoop up some last minute gifts before heading to Gram's to visit with some family. I scarfed down just about everything in my Grandma's fridge, then made our way to my mom's to help prep for Christmas dinner. Usually, we would have a home cooked meal for Christmas Eve, but we switched it up a bit and went out this year. Honestly, I was totally bummed to spend the evening away from home, but it was actually a huge hit! Food was great, no clean up required, and the restaurant was decked out for the occasion. We may have just created a new tradition!





After dinner, we headed to a friend's place for a rousing round of Pass the Pigs, then to the bars we went! We ended up playing The Voting Game that had us in stitches all night. I swear I will never get tired of game nights with old friends.

After a surprisingly restful night's sleep, it was Christmas Morning! Somehow, the magic of the holiday still has me jumping out of bed like it's... well... Christmas Morning. Off to my mom's we went for breakfast and gifts. We had a blast ripping open our presents and spending some quality time together.

Next stop was Gram's house where I took a FAT nap while Lifetime Christmas movies played in the background. Soon after waking up, I was surrounded by friends and family. It didn't take long for the wine to start flowing as we gorged on our Italian feast. We ended the holiday with a game night in my Grandma's basement. We don't often spend time down there anymore, so I truly felt like I was a kid again. By far one of my favorite years to date!





The day after Christmas is always a little bit of a bummer, but I combated the Post-Christmas blues with some retail therapy and greasy Chinese food with Tay. It was the perfect end to the most wonderful holiday!

Here is to a Christmas well spent & a bright and booze-filled New Year to come!



Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment