Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Holiday Bliss

So here is the deal… All year I fantasized about holiday blogging. I couldn’t wait to partake in festive activities and share immaculate photos of all my Christmas spirit. I planned to cozy up by the fire with a cup of hot chocolate while blogging about my favorite recipes and creating holiday gift guides. The problem is, I will drop my cocoa like a bad happen the second someone mentions Festive Bar or Holiday Movie Showing. As much as I loved the idea of turning on a Christmas movie in my flannel PJs and wrapping gifts that made Martha Stewart look shabby… I just can’t seem to get my shit together. So here is a messy and poorly photographed recap of my holiday season thus far! 

Last Saturday morning, my dear friend Bri hosted her annual Favorite Things party. I look forward to this all year because one, I live for brunch, two, you all know I am festive AF, and three, I love sharing my favorite things and getting to know everyone else through theirs! For anyone not sure how it works, it is an gift swapping event where you bring one of your favorite things for each person attending the party, then you go home with a treat from each of the attendees. The brunch was delicious, the house looked adorable, and we all made out like bandits! Included in this year's haul was booze, candies, hair brushes, beauty products, and planners from yours truly!






I must say, the Fav Things Party kind of took it all out of me... But I pulled myself together and headed for my next event: Zach's Company Christmas Party. Oh my goodness, you guys... Such a blast. It was hosted at a winery in Woodenville where we were served a beautiful dinner with delicious appetizers and all the wine we could drink.... Great ambiance, great refreshments, and great people to boot. My only regret is not worrying about the hangover that was sure to follow.



I pulled myself together the following day (via a nugget meal from McDonalds) just in time to make it to a cookie exchange. I loved spending the afternoon with friends, but the real come-up was all the treats I went home with!

The following week involved lots of decorating, baking, holiday dinners, and gift wrapping. Also, buying all the cold weather accessories because over the weekend we went to ice cold Walla Walla! Thank goodness our wine tasting kept us warm because it reached six degrees outside! Despite the cold, we had the best weekend ever! We decked ourselves out in holiday garb and visited countless wineries. Each place we visited was full of charm and Christmas spirit, and the snow made it totally magical. Although we had moments remenicent of the Griswald Family Vacation such as a bed wetting chat over a five star meal, sleeping bag trips down borrowed stairs, and sprained ankles... It was the perfect trip.








The countdown is officially on to Christmas, and I have a few more festive activities planned before the big day! Can't wait to sloppily share all the deets!

Happy Christmas Eve Eve Eve Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment