Friday, December 9, 2016

Festive AF

December is in full swing and my cup of cheer is as full as my Mickey D's coffee.

This weekend was such a great kick-off to the season. I headed out of town for a few days full of family baking and tons of festive fun. I got to Longview Friday afternoon and was greeted  by my mini-me cousin Lyndsey. We did a little grocery shopping for the following day, then got a warm & cozy cocktail from our favorite bar. There was no space inside, so instead we drank our Apple Toddy's next to the fire where the waitress brought us blankets and seared tuna. It was actually kind of perfect and we were super glad there was no room in the bar. Shortly after, I headed to my cousin Kayla's house for some pizza and a sleepover with her and her hubby. It was a great night followed by an even better day!

Saturday was filled with all the family time I could dream of! Kay and I got to Gram's bright and early in our Christmas PJs, but we were late to the party. Grams, Lynz, Chloe, and Auntie were already baking away. We threw on our aprons and got started. I absolutely love that we have kept this tradition alive for so long!






Several hours, laughs, and Christmas jams later, our masterpiece was finished.
We made Snickerdoodles, Peanut Butter Blossoms, Christmas Crack, Spritz Cookies, Shortbread, Sugar Cookies, Peanut Butter Fudge, Oreo Balls, and Salted Carmel Fudge #treatstreatstreats

I was thoroughly exhausted afterwards, but managed to stay up to watch one last Christmas movie before calling it a night.

Sunday morning I headed back to Seattle and spent the day by the fire catching up with my roommate. We hosted an impromtu wine night to watch the Hawks game and spread a little holiday cheer.



Since I refuse to live for the weekends, I had to keep the festivities going. This week has included dinner and tree decorating at Zach's, Christmas Shopping, more baking and prepping for the Favorite Things party, and lots and lots of gift wrapping.

Just when I thought the week couldn't get any better, WE GOT SNOW! Thursday night we were at a brewery showing of Home Alone (so fucking funny, btw! I totally forgot) and as Zach and I waited outside for a Euro it lightly started coming down. We could hardly stand our excitement. Also notable, someone slipped and fell in it which was almost as good as the snow itself.

Such a wonderful season it has been so far! This really is the most wonderful time of the year. Cheers to Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment