Friday, December 29, 2017

Yuletide-al Wave

As magical as the holidays always are, this year felt a little more like a tsunami than a festive swim.

The celebrating started the day before I left for New Orleans. I was looking forward to a productive Saturday of shopping, packing, and sleeping butttttt that plan didn't exactly work out. Instead I found myself Santa-Conning with friends which ended in a very late night on Capitol Hill and no sleep before the trip. 

 It was totally crazy, completely irresponsible, and 100% worth it. 

After our whirlwind trip to New Orleans, we got back just in time for Parksmas. 
It is truly such a special tradition that just keeps getting better each year. Some of us drink while others play kickball, but we all laugh and cheer and cherish the company.

Afterwards my sister and I headed home for a cozy Christmas Eve at my dad's. 
We sipped on Egg Nog while the snow fell and we watched Christmas classics by the fire. My step niece and I even made a little snowman.

Sadly, Snowman didn't make it.

Thanks for the obituary, Dad! 

After receiving the sad news about our dear snow pal, we headed to my mom's for Christmas brunch. We quickly discovered our sneaky little mother had already opened her gift, per the usual! 

At least she had the courtesy to "act" surprised.... Cue eye roll. 

We had a lovely Christmas morning at mom's before heading to Grandma's for Christmas Italiano and lots of family time! 

This year the cousins decided to #bringbackvelvet in honor of baby Eila's first Christmas. Long live velvet Christmas garb! 


Before I knew it, the time came to head back to Seattle.

Although I spent most of the holiday slightly drowning, I wouldn't change a second of it.

Cheers to Christmas Spirit & the people who make all the craziness worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment