Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Enjoying the Last of 2017

The past few days were the perfect representation of 2017: full of loved ones, new babies, booze, food, puzzles, travel & celebration! 

The weekend started with beers and a few good friends at Urban Family Brewing. They have the best sour beers and an awesome atmosphere. It was a great opportunity to catch up but it did make the train trip to Portland the next morning a little more painful. 

I arrived in the City of Roses around noon, which was the perfect timing for a quick lunch on 23rd with Emmy, a friend who had recently moved to Portland from Seattle. It was so wonderful to see her, and we couldn't stop gushing about the adorable restaurant we landed at. If you're ever in the area, Fireside is the cutest little gastro pub with great food and excellent service. After we said our goodbyes, I popped over to a kids boutique to pick up a few gifts, grabbed a dozen donuts at Blue Star, and headed to the hospital to visit one of my best friends and her new baby girl. 
You guys, look how perfect this sweet baby is! I couldn't stop snuggling and staring at her. Both Mommy & Baby are doing great, and I couldn't feel luckier to have little Lennon Jane in my life. It was such a special afternoon spent loving on this little girl and her parents, it was nearly impossible to tear myself away... Luckily I had some fun waiting for me!

Cut to one of the very best nights out celebrating my Big's 30th birthday by saying goodbye to the Roaring Twenties. The costumes were incredible and the food and drinks were free flowing but nothing compared to the amazing company. 

We get together so rarely that every night with these gals are my favorites, and this evening was certainly no exception. We all crammed into my Big's hotel room for drinks while we put on our faces and costumes. Some of best memories are always made in those "before the night starts" moments.



Once we were all primped and polished, we headed to dinner at Tasty n Sons. SO GOOD! 
 I would love to go back and share a few more dishes. Once we were all completely stuffed, we returned to the hotel for a rooftop picture, then to the bars we went.
We had the best time dancing the night away at Jackknife, threw down some killer karaoke at Chopsticks, then ended the night at Sizzle Pie.
The night was perfect in every way and totally worth the miserable 6 am train trip home the following morning. 
The weekend truly seemed to fly by, but I loved every crazy minute of it. 

Cheers to great friends and ending the year right! 


No comments:

Post a Comment