Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New Year, Same Me

Happy Freaking New Year! 

It is absolutely blowing my mind that it could possibly be 2018. I guess time truly flies while you're having fun, and let me tell you, 2017 was a BLAST!

After all the excitement this past weekend, I was looking forward to a low key NYE in. I thought that was the plan until Chris announced that he was going to wear a suit for the evening, so cut to me spending an hour getting ready for our "low key night in." Cole joined us for a bottle of champagne at our place before we headed to Ballard for the night. We started at Kangaroo & Kiwi where we each had a few drinks and Chris came up with an alter ego to match his fresh duds... Sheppard. We laughed and played along, but didn't think much of it. Next thing we know we are headed to get Puffy Tacos and somehow end up front row of a drag show. The boys were pissed, but we all ended up having the best time. The highlight, of course, was Chris being called up on stage multiple times and using his Sheppard persona to woo the queens.
Although the night was a blast, it lead to a very unproductive New Years Day. I barely left the couch except to get the take out we had delivered, but I did finish my puzzle so there's that.
#crushedit

All and all 2017 was a huge success from start to finish. I loved the relationships I cultivated, the adventures I went on, and the work I did on myself. I feel much healthier and more active than I did at the beginning of 2017 & am looking forward to carry that into 2018. My resolution this year is simple, I want to focus on my health. For me, that means both physical and mental health... So while focusing on my health means eating better, exercising more, and getting plenty of sleep; it also means being social, trying new restaurants, making time for happy hour, and knowing that it is okay to occasionally stay up way too late making memories or having a long chat with a friend. 

Wishing you all a very happy and healthy New Year!

Cheers to 2018 & all the excitement it will bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment