Friday, January 5, 2018

The Hostess with the Mostest

Happy Friday!

I hope everyone is kicking off the first weekend of the year with a bang. I have a few more hours of work then am off to Vegas! Before I jet off, I wanted to share a few easy appetizers I threw together Tuesday for the Bachelor Season Premiere. 
I was feeling super lazy after NYE and had decided to grab pizza for the evening, but things didn't exactly work out as planned... Imagine that! Papa Murphy's was closed so I popped into Metropolitan Market to see what I could toss together last minute. Luckily, I live for tapas and small plates, so I was excited to see what I could come up with. After stopping at the Poke & Olive bars, I grabbed a few meats, cheeses, starches, and a jar of fig jam then headed home to prep. 

I had a jar of Pepper Jelly in the cupboard, so I paired it with cream cheese and Wheat Thins and moved on. Typically I pour the Pepper Jelly over the top of the cream cheese, but I figured I would let people choose their own proportions this time so I left them separate. 

Next, I sliced up a couple of baguettes, dusted them with melted butter, and toasted them at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. Then I spread a healthy portion of goat cheese and fig jam on the baguette slices and topped them with prosciutto. It was so easy and they basically flew off the plate! 

So, if you're ever looking to impress at a party with the least amount of effort, these dishes are sure to get the job done! 

Happy Weekending, Loves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment