Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Janu-Where the Hell did it Go?

Seriously, I feel like I blinked and the month was OVER. No clue how it happened, but I figured I would share a few highlights before January 2018 is lost forever.

VEGAS WEEKEND
Yep, really started the year with a bang. Bri had a conference in Sin City, so I figured I should probably take advantage of the free room & booze. I flew Spirit which was the least luxurious experience of my life, but for 100 bones I certainly got what I paid for. Bri was a few hours behind me so I liquored up at hotel bar and waited for her arrival. She no sooner rolled up and we were off to a dinner buffet and a water show. The rest of the trip was lots of meetings & conference things; some of which I attended and others I boozed while Bri schmoozed. It was a much more low key trip to Vegas that I was used to, but a blast either way. My favorite parts were our fancy ass room at the Paris, drinking way too many Flamingle Punches at Hexx, upgraded seats to Sex Tips for Straight Women from a Gay Man, the bougie party we went to on the 56th floor of the Aria where I got a FOOT MASSAGE and drank the fanciest champagne, and eating all the crepes all the time! It was a lovely way to kick off 2018.

BOOK OF MORMON WEEKEND
Guys, SO funny! I had gotten my sister tickets for Christmas which was a subtle way of forcing her to visit me for the weekend. We grabbed FOB Poke & a drink at The Crocodile before the show which was the perfect pregame. The show was so freaking good we couldn't beleive it. Obviously we couldn't go to bed afterwards, so we met up with Mark and Chris for a classic Ozzie's evening followed by $40 worth of McDonald's delivery.... Yeah, we know how to party. The next morning Chloe and I had the BEST brunch at Pesos and spent the early afternoon wandering and window shopping on the top of Queen Anne. I was super bummed when it was time for my sister to leave so I convinced Chris to make the four mile trek to Golden Gardens where we watched the sunset and split a bottle of wine. It was a really nice way to end the weekend.

COOKING CLASS
My friend Quentin joined me for his first cooking class at the pantry, and it certainly didn't disappoint. The class was geared towards Japanese Izakaya (Bar Food) which had our names written all over it. I love the way this class was structured because we were eating through the whole class rather than waiting until the end to feast on our accomplishments. We began the class by making incredible double fried chicken wings which had an awesome soy glaze. The wings had all 3 parts still intact which was something I had never experienced before and I loved the concept of frying them once on low to fully cook the chicken and a second time (which could be hours later) to crisp them up. Next we made Chicken Yakitori Skewers with Bacon, Scallions, and Shitake Mushrooms. They were INSANE and the soy caramel sauce we coated them in absolutely blew my mind. We also made Cabbage and Pork Gyoza, a Tofu Soup, and Pickled Plum Onigiri; alll of which were amazing! Q and I left the class completely stuffed, but somehow had a little room for a nightcap.

ANACORTES WEEKEND
Tayla headed north to spend some time with her family, which was the perfect excuse for a mini vacation. We kicked off the fun Thursday night by attending a comedy show at Batch 206 Distillery followed by drinks at Shelter and a deck party in the freezing cold. I miraculously made it through work the next day & squeezed in a quick happy hour with coworkers before Tay and I hit the road. Traffic was a real nightmare, but we were greeted by two VERY excited babies which made it all worth the trip. Saturday began with brunch at Adrift with Tay's dad, step mom, and sweet younger siblings followed by a brisk walk around town. We couldn't get over how adorable all the shops and bars were, even if we nearly froze to death. We spent the evening with her family and were on the road bright and early the next morning to make a bottomless mimosa brunch at Pesos. I think we can all imagine how bottomless mimosas ended.... 8 bottles split between 5 people meant everyone was totally lit by 3 pm and ready to party. The boys HAD to have jean jackets, so we made a quick haul at Forever 21 before heading to Rock Box to party the day away. Although everyone felt like trash Monday morning, it was more than worth it.

BACHELOR NATION
Bachelor Nights are back in the mix! I always look forward to the standing night each week to get together with friends, eat & drink way too much, and catch up over trashy television. We have been alternating hosts this year which has been a lot of fun.

I am sure I missed all kinds of fun activities, but the month has been such a blur I hardly remember!

Happy Hump Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment