Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Girl's Weekend Happenings

Happy Hump Day!
 
I know it is a little late to be reminiscing about the weekend, but it is happening because I had the absolute best time.   
 
It started out wonderfully.  I had intended to take the Bolt Bus (cheapest way to travel between Seattle and Portland if you ever needed to know), but since a friend was driving down already, I caught a ride with him.  We sipped our Starbucks holiday beverages as we chatted, laughed, and accidentally spilled our coffee.  Whoops!  Even so, it was still way better than taking the bus.
 
When we arrived in Portland, we met up with Cate and did some shopping and had Red Robin for dinner.  Uhhh... YUM!  Sorry healthy eating, please step aside for freckled cocktails and bottomless fries.  Then it was back to Cate's for Say Yes to the Dress and a little cookie dough for good measure.
 
The next morning, Caitlin and I took our sweet time getting ready before breakfast.  She took me to Babica Hen for the most incredible meal there ever was.  Seriously, you guys, I think I died and went to heaven. We both had the "Waffle Waffler" which basically just lets you try TWO of there waffles.  I went for the Fried Chicken and Lemon Berry Almond Crumble.... So clearly I made the right choice.  I mean it, if you're ever in Oregon, you are missing out if you don't go. 
 
The rest of the day consisted of shopping, shopping, and more shopping.  I scored a couple of great deals including these gems:
 
 
Coat: I found this beauty at Target in the Plus Size Section.  I got this in a 1X, but it has a lot of give.  I love the fit and the functionality.  I can easily layer it or wear it alone.  The Target I found this at had it on clearance, and I used Cartwheel (a Target shopper's must have) which gave me an additional 20% off.  Killer deal, but I would have paid full price for this jacket.
 
Top: Another steal which was on sale for $30.00 at Lane Bryant.  I bought the 14/16 because it was the only size available.  I could have gone a size up, but am totally content with the fit.  It is an incredibly soft fabric and surprisingly flattering (#fatgirlscanwearstripes).  Plus, it is a black and white pattern with gold appliques..... So, basically, it was sold before I even put it on.  I am seriously obsessed with this shirt and have already worn it.
 
I picked up a few other items, including way too much jewelry from Charming Charlie's and a few festive treats that will definitely make their debut soon. 
 
Next was dinner with a few sorority sisters.  My Little and our friend AJ joined us for dinner at BJ's (because you haven't lived until you've had a pizookie).  I was thrilled to see the girls, but even more excited to see Owen, AJ's 15 month old love bug.  Obviously we needed to spoil the little nugget, so we put together the cutest reindeer gift bag for him.
 

If there is one thing you need to know about me, is that I love a good themed basket.  So as you can imagine, I literally went bonkers at the opportunity to make a Christmas themed gift for a 1 year old.  Through Target we went.  We had the cart full of jammies, toys, sippy cups, books, and kid approved snacks.  It couldn't have turned out cuter.  We also got some treats for us girls, and sat through an entire meal with bright red reindeer antlers on our heads.  It was perfection.
 
The next morning, Cate and I set out to Craft-a-Palooza... An annual crafting event her and her family attend every year.  A friend of theirs has a group over to her house and walks them each through a few crafts.  The big craft of this year - bowl cozies.  A microwave save little mitten for your bowl so you don't burn yourself.  Genius.  Before Sunday, I thought I was a bit of a craft master.  Nope, wrong... It was a total shit show.  I failed at tracing, I am totally worthless on a sewing machine, and apparently circles are an actual nightmare to sew.  Despite the struggle, I have to say.... My bowl cozy is basically the coolest thing I ever made, and somehow looks totally incredible....
 
 
 Full disclosure, I actually kind of loved sewing... Despite my shortcomings.  Don't worry, I already told my grandma.... She is so proud. 
 
So that concludes my girls' weekend.  I hope everyone else enjoyed their time off as well!
 
Side Note - I clearly ate like garbage over the weekend, yet somehow I didn't gain a pound!  In fact, I lost a few ounces.... So basically... My life rocks!
 
 
Cheers!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment