Thursday, November 20, 2014

2014

With the end of the year rapidly approaching, I realized there were a few things I wanted to complete before the year officially wrapped up.  Once again, I love a good play on words, so let me introduce my new list: 14 Things to Finish Before the End of 2014.
 
1. My CPA - My New Years Resolution this year was to become an official CPA.  I have passed the four sections of the exam, but I still have some paperwork to wrap up.  I need to get my ass in gear and finish that up so I can have a comma in my name.
 
2. 15 by '15 - I posted about this hereBasically, get healthy!
 
3. Get Organized - Living in a 400 square foot apartment, organization is just about the most important thing to make my space functional.  If anyone has any advice, do share! 
 
4. Apply for My Own Healthcare - It is finally time to be a big kid.... Wah wah.... Next year I will be 26, so I won't be able to mooch of my dad's healthcare anymore.  Growing up BLOWS.
 
5. Go to the Doctor While I'm Still on Dad's Healthcare - His healthcare is way better.  I am milking this for all I can get.
 
6. Decorate for Christmas - Since I spend most of the holidays in Oregon, I never seem to decorate my own home.  That changes this year.  As soon as Thanksgiving is over, consider my halls decked.
 
7. Bake - I absolutely love to bake, but work/life has been so out of control that I have barely seen my kitchen (well, with the exception of walking through it to get to my bedroom #studioapartmentproblems).  Until the end of the year, I would like to bake weekly.
 
8. Holiday Partayyyy - My BFF, Bri, and I are both holiday freaks.  There is nothing like festive cocktails, ugly sweaters, and inappropriate games to kick off the season.  Planning will commence this weekend.
 
9. Buy a Tutu - I have officially decided that this is the season of tutus.  I must have one along with a "Pop, Clink, Fizz" shirt like this one, and a few other holiday tops for good measure.
 
10. Lock Down Christmas Gifts - This one is fairly obvious...  I guess I just have to do more shopping.  Rough life. 
 
11. Make Mason Jar Christmas Gifts - A few years ago I made a sugar scrub for a few of my fav girls, and it was a huge success... I haven't decided what my homemade gift will be, but I am looking forward to it.

12. Fill my Frames - I have a beautiful gallery wall behind my bed.... Filled with pictures of people I've never met...  I haven't quite gotten around to removing the pictures the frames came with and replacing them with my own.   Need to get on that. 

13. Pick out a Duvet Cover - For my birthday (in July), my mom wanted me to pick out a duvet cover that she could buy me... Guess who still hasn't done so.  It is time for me to get over my commitment issues and just pick one!

14. Make the Most of 2014  - This is the most broad item on the list, but also the most important.  This year has been one of the hardest I've ever gone through, but also the most rewarding.  While I am looking forward to the new year, I am also excited to enjoy the season, the weather, and the awesome people in my life.

Cheers to 2014!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment