Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Chic

I don't' know if there is anything more devastating than Christmas being over.  It really is just the happiest time of the year, so the aftermath makes me so stinkin' sad.  Luckily, I am home for a little longer so I intend to stretch the holiday spirit as long as possible.  So let's just get into a little holiday recap, shall we?
 
1. My Festive Little Apartment... annnnd Obsession with Gift Wrapping
 


First of all, I have to say this is my first tree of my very own and I totally and completely love it.  It was just a tiny thing, but so presh.  Who cares that I only got to enjoy it for a little over a week.  Second, please note how much I love to wrap present.  It is like an obsession.  Tons of ribbons... Curling strips of wrapping paper (yes, you can totally do that)... I go all out!  I even found a few fun treats (a key bottle opener and hot sauce jelly beans) to tie to a friends gift.  Great little addition.
 
2. Christmas Eve... My Favorite of All Eves
 
Christmas Eve started a little differently this year.  Usually, I start it with the ever epic Parksmas.  A tradition in my hometown with some of my favorite friends.  We all get together and play random park games... Well they play... My friend Tayla and I are in charge of spectating, commentating, and drinking.  Unfortunately, this year I missed it.  It was seriously devastating....  But due to schedules, we did fam Christmas with my dad's side of the family instead.  Despite my turmoil, I had the best time.  We had the sweetest little brunch at my Auntie's place, got way too many gifts, and filled the morning with laughter and lots of coffee.  Unfortunately, this is the only picture I snapped.  FAIL!  I need to add taking pics to my list of New Year's Resolutions.
 
 
Next, my dad and I went to visit a friend and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening watching Christmas movies and wrapping gifts.  We had a quick dinner, then it was off to the annual Post Parkmas celebration. 
 


 
Here are our festive asses.  This girl doesn't mess around when it comes to the holidays.  As per the usual, our incredible local bartenders kept the bar open super late for us as we celebrated the holidays with our hometown fam.  THANK YOU FLOR!  We look forward to this every year... And then regret it the next morning. 
 
3. Christmas Day.... It's Finally Here!
 

 Here it is!  What we have all been waiting for!  I drug my hungover ass out of bed, opened my vacuum and tool box (I think my excitement over these treasures makes me officially old as balls), then headed from my dad's house to my mom's for my next round of Christmas cheer.  Speaking of Christmas Cheer, how adorable are me and my Gram with our delicious Old Fashioneds.  Also pictured are my mom and sister.  I know, I know.... They are total babes. 

Also, in case you needed to know, I was Discount Barbie for Christmas.  I wore my Old Navy clearance dress that I nabbed for $8.99, and my Nordstrom Rack sweater that I got for a dollar.  A DOLLAR, you guys!  I felt like the thriftiest bitch there ever was. 

Christmas was simply the best!  We had brunch at my mom's, then went to Gram's to spend time with the extended fam.  We had a blast... Not to mention I got some amazing gifties.  I do love a good gift!  After the excitement, I headed to my cousin's apartment where we relaxed and got ready for our annual Day After Christmas shopping extravaganza.  Perfect way to end the best of all days.
 
4. Day After Christmas... Combatting the Let Down
 
So the day after Christmas has the potential to be the worst day ever... amiright?  Thankfully, my fam goes shopping every year which totally makes life a little better.  I totally love a good shopping trip but effff, it was crazy out there.  Despite the crowds, we managed to have a totally successful day... Like, I even bought birthday gifts for July.  Hello Ms. Organized!  #winning 
 
Then I met my friend Tayla for cocktails and appetizers at The Office... If you ever find yourself in Longview (which I somehow doubt), you have to hit it up.  I felt chic as shit in there.  We sipped our martinis and ate our fondu like a couple of ladies, then headed to the movies.  We went to see Into The Woods.  It was such a good movie... Assuming you like musicals (obviously) and won't be too creeped out by Johnny Depp's impersonation of the big bad wolf.  I'm not kidding, you guys.... I thought he was going to rape Little Red.  This definitely isn't one for the kiddos. 
 
After the movie, Tay and I had some thought provoking convos over the film, and decided such talks were best had over cocktails... So to the local bar we went.  A ton of old friends showed up which was a total treat.  One drink crept into three which suddenly became ten.  Whoops!  But whatever, when you've got a bartender who leaves the place open until nearly 3:00am just so you can sing Colt 45 and That Summer at the top of your lungs... You do what you have to do.  You're welcome for that visual, by the way.  We laughed and sang and kept the holiday spirit alive.  What a way to end the day.
 
 
So there you have it, my holiday in a nut shell.  I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did and surrounded themselves with plenty of spirit and loved ones.  Cheers to another great Christmas and excitement for a wonderful new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment