Friday, December 19, 2014

I Will Blow Someone for a Hotdog

It was New Years Eve, and we had partied like it was 1999.  My girls and I had finally stumbled our way onto the MAX (Portland Transit) and were headed home.  When I say finally, I mean finally, but that is a different story for a different day.  The fact is, we got there.  We had stopped by Voodoo Donuts before boarding, so our drunk munchies were satisfied.. Or so we thought.  All of a sudden, our friend Jenn is standing on the seats shrieking "I will blow someone for a hotdog."  Clearly, there were many takers, but we assured her that they didn't have the kind of hotdog she was looking for.  Despite this being one of my all-time favorite stories, there is a point to my rambling.  The other night, I finally understood.  I finally understood that urge.  The urge that you would do anything to satisfy.  I finally got it.

It was about 2:00am on Saturday night.  I had gone out with a slew of college friends and had an absolute blast.  I drank way too much and had decided early in the evening that I would end the night with a Seattle Dog (cream cheese on a hotdog.... I live for that shit).  Well, our last stop of the night was about 5 blocks past my beloved hotdog guy.  No problem, I would just stumble back and snag one before crawling into a cab.  Here is where the night took a turn.  My friend Jen (different Jen, fyi) convinced me to stay at her place.  I got distracted by her Chinese food offer and agreed... Somehow forgetting about the hotdog.  I have to be honest, the Chinese food was good, but it was no hotdog... Plus, Cole at all my shrimps.  HELLO!  I wanted those.  I reluctantly went to bed sans hotdog, but I promised myself I swoop one up from 7-11 the next morning.

Fast forward to the 8:00am the following day... I felt like absolute garbage and was wearing the same clothes from the night before, but I was bound and determined to get my mouth on a shameless 7-11 treat.  I walk in looking like a train wreck and I overhear a woman going batshit on the cashier.  After additional investigation (and a whole lot of eavesdropping) I discovered her issue.  THE FUCKING HOTDOG MACHINE WASN'T WORKING!  Okay, NO!  This cannot be happening.  I grabbed some Ramen and a two liter of Sprite and went home to sulk (and sleep for 3 hours).

It is days later and I still haven't gotten my damn hotdog.  FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment