Saturday, December 6, 2014

Holiday Happenings

 It is officially Christmas Season in this household!  As promised, I no sooner walked into the door after being home for Thanksgiving, and the holiday decor was out.  I put away what little fall decor I had to make room for all my treats.  I'm seriously beside myself with holiday spirit, and my cozy little apartment is reflecting it.  I found a few trinkets while shopping for Black Friday, but most of the decor came from dear old mom.  She has slowly been stocking me with treasures.  Score!  She has misplaced most of them (cool, Mom!) but found just enough to fill my place with joy. 


Thus far, the season has been festive as all get out.  Obviously I took care of decorating first with a little help from Buddy the Elf because, duh!  Holiday classic.  

Next I made these precious little ribbon trees.

  
I know, just call me Martha.  Okay... You don't have to because they were super simple.  All I had to do was pick out my fav ribbons (which I scored on Black Friday for 70% off, boom!).  Once I found the right ribbon combo, I cut them into little strips and stuck them on a styrofoam cones with a million little pins.  Finally, I slapped a bow on it and called it good!  I felt totally crafty and super productive because I whipped up a batch of tortellini soup in the process.  I take it back, watch out Martha, I'm coming for you. 

The next day, my BFF Bri came over for some soup, wine, and Love Actually.  To make it even more festive, we popped penguin coasters to the bottom of our wine glasses because penguins are my actual obsession and totally holiday approved.  

My next holiday activity was my company Christmas party.  Yay for free booze, great food, and an excuse to dress up.  I took Bri as my date, but I only shaved up to my knees so there was no funny business.  We had the best time eating, drinking, and being merry.  We even scored bonus drink tickets by knowing the right people.... And swooping some off the floor.  Nothing screams classy like bending over in a short dress and heals for a free drink.  Best part of the night, obviously, was winning a door prize for the fourth year in a row.  It may have been a gas card... And I may not have a car... But I literally couldn't care less.  This bitch LOVES to win.  Added bonus, my old boss gave me the Melting Pot Gift Card he won.  HOLLA!  That guy may be able to piss me off like no other, but I have to admit, I kind of adore him.  Seriously, sweetest thing ever.  Bri and I ended the night with a few Irish Car Bombs at Paddy Coynes with a delightful couple we spent most of the night with.  New best friends, I think so!

This morning, before I drug my hungover ass to work, I went over to Bri's place for a delightful brunch cooked by her "manfriend" and a couple brass monkeys.  I was stoked to find that we were having gingerbread pancakes, and even more stoked when Bri gave me a little early Christmas present!  


Isn't she just the best!?  Can't wait to watch her sister's game in my new bulldog gear.  I threw on my new sweatshirt and woofed down my fair share of pancakes while we jammed to some Christmas tunes.  Such a lovely way to spend a Saturday.

So excited for all the Christmas activities yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment