Friday, July 29, 2016

Summers in Seattle

Seattle Summers are kind of the best. The past few weeks have been a slice around here, and I am soaking up every last drop.

Although I got sick last week, I still managed to cram in a few walks around the neighborhood, a Mariners game WITH Dip-n-Dots (obviously), and a rousing game of catch with the boys. Even though I am still sore from all that throwing, it was a week well spent.
 
 
The weekend was just as delicious. I had an extremely low key Friday after being sick, and woke up Saturday morning feeling much better, and just in the nick of time. My sister came into town to join some friends and I at the Kenny Chesney, Miranda Lambert, and Sam Hunt Concert! Old Dominion was there as well, but leaving them off since we were late to the party and totally missed them. Whoops! The concert was just the best and we had a blast dancing and singing at the top of our lungs, plus I developed a total girl crush on Miranda. She’s adorable and I am in love!




 

After the concert, we were blessed with the BEST Lyft driver there ever was and he hauled ass to get us to Taco Bell before it closed. Is it sad or awesome that our after party consisted of Baja Blast and a movie night?

The following day was totally precious. We woke up sans hang overs, so that was awesome, and I made a nice big breakfast. Then we spent the morning walking around a few neighborhoods in the city and popped over to the Fremont Farmers Market where Zach treated us all to homemade popsicles and we sat near the water looking like a post card. It was adorable AF, and we kept the summer festivities going by posting up on our porch for the afternoon. The rest of the day was spent on Cole’s rooftop deck & playing pool in his common room. It was truly the definition of Sunday Funday.

After a perfect weekend, it was hard to get back to work, but luckily I had 3 days of celebrating my best friend Bri’s birthday. We spent a few perfect nights at out and about eating, drinking, and being oh so merry. Such a fun time was had by all, plus it was the perfect excuse to put wayyyy to much effort into wrapping her gift! #professional


After three days of celebrations, I thought I would spend a quite night in… But I should have known better. After getting off work a little early on Thursday, Zach and I hit a happy hour on the water and threw back one or three mojitos while admiring the view. It was a great start to the night! Afterwards, we went to a friend’s barbecue where we were spoiled with a few delicious ciders, great food, and grilled peaches with ice cream for dessert! I know what you’re thinking… Fruit and Ice Cream… That’s way to. healthy to be dessert… And it totally was, but also pretty awesome.
It has really been such a wonderful couple of weeks. I seriously can’t even tell you what a treat it has been to stay in Seattle for a while to enjoy all the summer goodness in our own back yard… Or in my case, back porch.

Happy Friday, Loves! Hope all your summers have been just as sweet as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment