Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Sick Storm, Seattle!

NOT!
Last week, it was predicted that we would be having the biggest storm Seattle had ever seen. Prepare for week long outages, they said. Make sure you have plenty of food and water, they warned. Don't even leave your house, they advised. I prepared! I stocked! And then... I left my goddamn house because NOTHING happened. So much for the stock-pocolypse I had sitting on our kitchen counter and all the wine I was prepared to drink while making all my Oregonian friends jealous of our sweet squall. #stormenvy


What a bust! Luckily, the weekend was still a success.
Friday was my last day at my old job (ohhhh, btw I went back to my old job which is only blocks from my apartment... woo me!) so we spent the evening blaring Lil Dicky at our less than classy wine night where we ate our weight in storm provisions.



Saturday was an adorable day of exploring Capitol Hill.
We started at General Porpoise which had the BEST donuts I have ever experienced. They were so cute and delicious and well worth the trip.

We walked around the hill for a bit, wandering into markets and an adorable book store before checking out the new Starbucks Reserve Roastery &  Tasting Room.
Oh my gosh, you guys! It was awesome! Super cool vibes and lots of fun things to try.



We tried a a few flights of coffee, cold brew, and espresso. How hip are we? Zach and I topped the evening off at a bar crawl in Georgetown. Again, so trendy!

Another highlight was going to The Seattle Meowtropolitan, the cutest coffee shop where you get to play with cats! So fun!

We spent the rest of the day laying around, watching Grey's Anatomy, and cranking up the fire place. It was a cozy end to a not so stormy weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment